Role: Quality Technician / Quality Engineer
Salary: Negotiable dependent on experience
Hours: 37 hours per week with an early finish on the Friday
You will be responsible for monitoring and maintaining company-wide quality standards, producing quality procedures to ensure best practices are applied in support of customer satisfaction and undertake internal and external audits of quality. Your key responsibilities will include…
* Proactively monitor processes to identify value adding and cost/waste reducing opportunities and respond with appropriate process innovations.
* Manage own workload and prioritise between tasks effectively to meet deadlines.
* Liaise with supplier organisations to ensure that the company’s quality policies and standards are met and maintained.
* Assist with the review of quality needs within product specifications to support associated departments to establish processes and procedures for new product introductions.
* Ensure communications with associated department members and external parties is effective, timely and professional.
* Liaise with the Quality Manager to raise concerns and recommendations regarding quality to support continuous improvement.
* This role is required to ensure that effective quality standards are delivered and improvements made with regard to both the external supply chain and internal operational activity.
* The Quality Engineer role will perform all the activities necessary to ensure that the business runs successfully and meets the required performance goals/KPI’s.
* Adhere to all relevant Health and Safety, confidentiality, quality and company policies to ensure effectiveness, quality and safety in departmental activities.
* Inspect products and processes to ensure the QMS needs are met, conduct first article inspections, produce associated review reports and sanction non-conforming products.
* Conduct audits internally and externally on supplier organisations regarding materials, sub-assemblies and finished products.
* Minimise customer complaints through corrective and preventative actions to ensure the delivery of quality customer services.
* Assist users of the QMS to ensure the system is understood and followed throughout the company through communication and the provision of training.
* Support the Quality Manager in the control and development of company quality policies: focus on product quality and customer service issues.
* Complete all training relevant to the role and contribute to the development of team members in line with departmental strategy.
You will have experience of working within a manufacturing organisation and also MUST have experience within a Quality Assurance, Quality Control or Quality Inspection position. You will also have the following…
* Good problem solving skills.
* Personable character, ability to get on with people at all levels.
* Hands on, adaptable person.
* Flexibility to take on whatever is required.
* Ability to work alone and in a team.
* Willing to share knowledge and experience in the support and development of other members of the team.
Our client is a leading manufacturing business with a proven track record of career development and progression