£40,000 - Preston
The opportunity has arisen for an experience Quality Manager to join a well-established manufacturing company with a great reputation within the vitamins, minerals and supplements industry. To take responsibility for the quality of Herbal products, providing quality assurance and quality control from goods in to the final finished product, to ensure that it is fit for its intended use. To be the named person on the Manufacturers Pharmaceutical license responsible for quality for the company. Be responsible for health and safety throughout the company.
- Maintain and develop the site quality management system.
- In conjunction with Director of Operations ensure organization works to Good Manufacturing.
- Practice always to ensure we maintain our MHRA Pharmaceutical Manufacturers license for manufacturing, packing, assembling finished pack of tablets and capsules and distributing Traditional Herbal Medicinal products, VMS and any other categories we may need in the future to protect our business.
- Ensure line checks are carried out and quality assurance is provided to all operations throughout the business ensuring SOPs and GMP are adhered to always and discuss any non-conformances with the Director of Operations and designated members of his team.
- In conjunction with Director of Operations take responsibility for pest control throughout site and as required by Pharmaceutical manufacturers license.
LEGISLATION / REGULATORY AFFAIRS
- Attend HFMA technical meetings 4 times per annum in London.
- Attend meetings, if required, with HFMA, MHRA, FSA and act as central point for legislation and regulatory affairs and report up-to-date information on current and proposed legislation to Directors as required.
- Ensure new and amended label text and advertising material is legal and if there are any areas of concern they should be raised in the first instance with the Director of Technical Sales and Director of commerce.
- Provide relevant export documentation as required
- Ensure computers and lab equipment are maintained and properly looked after and data is successfully backed up.
- Provide relevant training and specific responsibilities to individuals if required.
- Propose the purchase of additional/updated computers and/or lab equipment if required to ultimately save costs and improve efficiency.
- Provide support to the Director of Operations and team and priorities workloads to ensure Quality team are working to maximum efficiency to maintain stock levels and provide an excellent service to our customers.
- Feedback information from customers & suppliers on system to Director of Technical Sales & Director of Commerce, to discuss with Managers and staff to ensure organization is focused on the needs of external customers.
- Deal with external auditors, inspectors and regulatory bodies and report to Directors when any visits are due or have taken place unannounced or when samples have been taken. Report all comments and feedback after visit and/or result of samples taken when been analyzed.
- Carry out quality testing on all raw materials and continue developing and obtaining test methods so we can test finished products as required.
- Ensure raw materials, intermediates and finished products are labelled and packaged correctly prior to being passed for release for sale.
- Oversee and carry out internal audits in every area to an agreed schedule with Director of Operations and report and circulate findings and recommendations and response from Director of Operations within 4 weeks of the self-inspection.
- Carry out external audits to an agreed plan and report findings and recommendations and response from supplier.
- Investigate quality complaints discussing with Director of Operations and Director of Technical Sales if action required to prevent recurrence.
- Ensure a system is in place to control labels effectively to ensure that the correct edition of label is applied to the correct product.
- Ensure formulas and finished products meet label claims including NPD and if there are any areas of concern liaise with Directors to consider whether to act to change formulation and/or label.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Ensure that the duties and responsibilities for health and safety are properly assigned, accepted and understood by all personnel.
- Ensure that the departments health, safety and welfare arrangements are effectively implemented in accordance with the Safety Policy Manual.
- Take responsibility where reasonably practicable for actioning any recommendations arising from any risk assessment carried out within the department. Where recommendations cannot be actioned, take responsibility for informing the Health and Safety Officer.
- Ensure that all accidents within the department are fully documented, reported and investigated with the objective of preventing their re-occurrence by improving practices and systems.
- Ensure that all accidents or dangerous occurrences are reported by the Company to the Enforcing Authority where required by the Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations 1995 via the Health and Safety Officer.
- Ensure that the health and safety training is provided to new employees as part of the induction training program.
- Ensure that all employees within the department have been briefed on, and understood, the Health and Safety Policy along with any safe working procedures relevant to their work. Also