Continuous Improvement Manager
Salary: £45k - £50k plus excellent benefits
A local food manufacturing company are now looking for a Continuous Improvement Manager to join their team.
Continuous Improvement Manager - Job Responsibilities and Tasks:
Responsibility for developing and setting the strategy for Blackpool`s Continuous Improvement journey. Creating and delivering the annual continuous improvement plan, providing support to the site to deliver our annual and longer term objectives and as a member of the site leadership team contributing to the overall leadership of the site. Working closely with the Engineering and Operations Department to deploy initiatives that will add value and/or remove cost/waste from the MAKE network.
- Continually develop our continuous improvement systems to improve the site performance
- Working closely with the Engineering and Operations Department to deploy initiatives that will add value and/or remove cost/waste from the network.
- Lead the teams to continuously improve plant reliability whilst meeting the requirements of a complex, high volume production site using CI tools and techniques.
- Creation and delivery of financial budget aligned with the delivery of KPI reporting to deliver site annual targets.
- Set and Communicate the CI agenda and activity across the site.
- Lead continuous improvement project programme to successfully deliver agreed projects on time, within budget and with successful ROI
- Support embedding site principles as part of the Blackpool Improvement Strategy
- Create and deliver the 3 year continuous improvement strategy Demonstrate role model and winning behaviours to support site culture
- Support and motivate the current internal teams, and develop and coach new internal teams in order to recognise and reward performance and drive robust succession planning.
- Liaise and meet with other MIMs at sister sites to ensure standardisation and best practice is achieved across the network.
- Implement and embed standardised ways of working, process controls, problem solving, data capture and analysis and performance steering`s across all site functions.
Continuous Improvement Manager - job requirements:
The ideal candidate must come from the manufacturing industry as a Continuous Improvement Manager. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Proven experience of developing and leading CI Initiatives, driving change management and improvement strategies in ideally a FMCG environment to improve overall site performance.
- Understanding and implementation of continuous improvement tools and techniques.
- Proven track record of developing high performing teams
- Ability to engage and influence all levels from board room to shop floor
- Ability to develop, deploy and track multi-faceted improvement plans that underpin site strategies.
- Ability to think strategically to enhance site/cultural performance
- Ability to carry out financial appraisals for projects and assess the potential savings for improvement projects.
- Lean sigma black belt - Essential
- Educated to degree level.
- Formal qualification in manufacturing excellence.
- Food safety/Hygiene qualification
For more information please call Paul Gorton on (Apply online only).
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update