Job title: Junior Mechanical Design Engineer
We are looking for a Junior mechanical design engineer, who ideally has industry experience in design of curtain and cladding as well as being able to use AutoCAD. You will part of a small, agile and friendly team of Design Engineers, defining cutting edge solutions and designs for next generation technology products, for an industry leading customer.
To be considered for this role you should have a design/architectural qualification, a minimum of 2+ years experience in the industry, and experience of curtain walling and aluminium systems is essential.
The job will require you to produce fit for purpose design solutions according to customer requirements, progressing details through the approval process and ensuring jobs are designed within budget and timeframe.
You will need to be able to produce detailed works instructions and material specifications and will understand the technical and professional aspects of the job, continually maintaining your technical knowledge.
The role will also include the recording and management of drawing registers and will require liaison with installation
* Computer literate - essential experience of AutoCAD LT plus working knowledge of databases, Word and Excel.
* Ability to translate concepts into drawings neatly and accurately; flair for drawing and design.
* Excellent numeracy skills.
* A good understanding of architectural details including curtain wall, window and door systems and ability to organise data.
* Good communication skills, ability to prioritise workload and time management skills.
* Good level of accuracy, detail and administrative efficiency.
If you are interested in the role please contact the engineering team on (Apply online only) or send your CV
Premier are acting as an employment agency